Mat2dcorr - A Matlab Toolbox for 2D-COS
mat2dcorr - a free toolbox for performing two-dimensionsonal correlation (2D-COS) analysis with Matlab.
Two-dimensional correlation spectroscopy (2D-COS), sometimes referred to also as two-dimensional correlation analysis has emerged since its earlier introduction in 1989 into an invaluable analysis tool for spectroscopic characterization in various fields of application, including protein science, pharmacy, biomedical applications and polymer, or nano material research. The technique of 2D-COS analysis was initially developed to study dynamic processes in which a spectroscopic probe is applied to monitor the effect of an external perturbation on a given system. The system responds to the perturbation through characteristic changes which are monitored spectroscopically, for example through continuous acquisition of a spectral time series. The main subject of investigations with 2D-COS is to explore correlations which may exist between perturbation-induced spectral responses. In some situations the 2D-COS analysis technique is not only useful to detect and visualize such correlations, but also to decipher the sequence of these spectral changes. Sources of perturbation can be, among others, changes of the temperature, pH, pressure, concentration, or of the spatial measurement coordinates when investigating spatially heterogeneous samples. The 2D correlation concept has proven to be extremely useful in a large variety of molecular spectroscopy applications relying on IR, NIR, Raman, NMR, fluorescence and UV-visible spectroscopy.
An introduction into the history, mathematics and basic principles of 2D-COS can be found here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two-dimensional_correlation_analysis
- Specification of computer configuration
- Screenshot of the mat2dcorr gui
- Downloading mat2dcorr - How to obtain the mat2dcorr toolbox?
- Installation of the mat2dcorr toolbox
- Disclaimer and license conditions
- Acknowledgement, relevant publications
- Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
Data Import & File Formats
- Import data in the imaging format (Matlab)
- Import data in the trace format (Matlab)
- Format of a 2D-COS result file (Matlab)
Options of the mat2dcorr Toolbox
Related Publications and Web Links
- Two-dimensional correlation analysis (Wikipedia)
- I. Noda. Two-Dimensional Infrared (2D IR) Spectroscopy: Theory and Applications, 1990 Appl. Spectrosc. 44(4): 550-561
- I. Noda. Generalized Two- Dimensional Correlation Method Applicable to Infrared, Raman, and other Types of Spectroscopy, 1993 Appl. Spectrosc. 47(9): 1329-1336
- I. Noda. Determination of Two-Dimensional Correlation Spectra Using the Hilbert Transform, 2000 Appl. Spectrosc. 54(7): 994-999
- P. Lasch & I. Noda. Two-Dimensional Correlation Spectroscopy for Multimodal Analysis of FT-IR, Raman, and MALDI-TOF MS Hyperspectral Images with Hamster Brain Tissue. Anal. Chem. 2017, 89, 9, 5008–5016
- P. Lasch & I. Noda. Two-Dimensional Correlation Spectroscopy (2D-COS) for Analysis of Spatially Resolved Vibrational Spectra. 2019 Appl. Spectrosc. 73(4): 359-379
Aug 04, 2021: more details of the mat2Dcorr Matlab toolbox will follow soon